Good source for UK soundfiles for ESU Loksound?

Dogmatix

Hello!

Is there a good source for downloadable soundfiles for ESU Loksound 5 chips for UK models? I don't mean for chips with the files pre-loaded, or for services which load files onto chips sent to them; I mean to download files for the user to put on Loksound modules using a LokProgrammer?

I am looking in particular for files for Bachmann Southern EMUs and Cl. 121 DMU, Blue Pullman, and for Cl. 50 & 52.

ESU themselves have a lot of files for continental models, but few for UK stock.

I don't mean neccessarily free soundfiles; I don't mind paying for good ones. I do mind paying international shipping (to Germany) and customs duty / import tax / extra VAT and having to go to the customs post office to collect them when they do finally arrive (because of %$##@ Brexit), when it would be easier to download the files and install them myself. Especially as the Loksound modules are German anyway.

• Friendly/supportive 2

20 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I don't mean neccessarily free soundfiles; I don't mind paying for good ones. I do mind paying international shipping (to Germany) and customs duty / import tax / extra VAT and having to go to the customs post office to collect them when they do finally arrive (because of %$##@ Brexit), when it would be easier to download the files and install them myself. Especially as the Loksound modules are German anyway.

I'd expect most of the sound producers will supply you with a file against the lock-code for your decoder.   Thus, pay for a sound file for a specific decoder serial number, and that's what you get to install as a download/emailed attachment.    I'm confident the better known names will do that.    (Which is what Richard Croft said earlier in the thread. )

Email the supplier whose sound you fancy and ask.  

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 18/11/2021 at 17:26, Dogmatix said:

You have my sympathies about customs duties etc. since Brexit….. who thought that was a good idea?

Ive got a sound decoder stuck in the Correos office at Madrid airport for the last 6 weeks… I’ve paid €57 duty / admin fees and still don’t have it.

Its a Zimo decoder with sounds from YouChoos for a Hall class loco.

Maybe it would be easier to buy blank sound decoders inside the EU and then get a sound file download from YouChoos. Thanks for the suggestion….. or of course wait until we are in the UK next summer!

Good luck @Dogmatix

On 18/11/2021 at 16:26, Dogmatix said:

For the UK's largest range of Downloadable files see:  https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=282_284

• Like 1