Problem embedding youtube video

• RMweb Premium

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I've struggled to embed a video into a post. In the past I've just copied the address of the video and pasted it into the post below any text I wanted to write and the magic of the internet did the rest. This morning I did the same but all that appeared was a written description of the video contents. 

• RMweb Gold

Seems to be working here. But you must paste the Share link from the YouTube page, don't copy from the browser address bar. The Share link (below the video on the YouTube page) looks like this:

https://youtu.be/qucGBO9DutE

Martin.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/12/2021 at 08:59, Neil said:

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I've struggled to embed a video into a post. In the past I've just copied the address of the video and pasted it into the post below any text I wanted to write and the magic of the internet did the rest. This morning I did the same but all that appeared was a written description of the video contents. 

The author needs to have enaabled embedding.  Embedding avoids the adverts you get when viewing on YT direct.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Thank you all, I think I have a better understanding of how it works. In the past I've always copied from the address bar and it's worked fine. However if I have difficulties like I did yesterday I know that using the 'share link' feature will get the job done too.