Free trackplanning software questions

34091 Weymouth

Guest Jack Benson

I have drawn the trackplan that I intend to use but would appreciate seeing it converted to an actual plan. If only to check whether it is indeed viable on the baseboards.

What planning software is easy to use, I am not too bothered about incurring a cost and would gladly pay someone to turn my spiders scribblings into a measured plan. However, equally happy to purchase a easy to use software package even it is the first and last time that is used.

Thank you for you recommendations

StaySafe

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Jack Benson said:

I have drawn the trackplan that I intend to use but would appreciate seeing it converted to an actual plan. If only to check whether it is indeed viable on the baseboards.

What planning software is easy to use, I am not too bothered about incurring a cost and would gladly pay someone to turn my spiders scribblings into a measured plan. However, equally happy to purchase a easy to use software package even it is the first and last time that is used.

Thank you for you recommendations

StaySafe

As stated earlier in this thread, I found Anyrail relatively easy to use, and I did invest in the paid for version. There is probably a greater level of learnt skill required if using flexi track, to be able to manage the curving of track at desired radii, than there is if using set track.  I printed my 00 plan at full size to check it actually did fit the baseboard. Not only that,  I found it useful to draw in baseboard battens, and support legs on an upper section, on the Anyrail software, so as to ensure adequate clearance for track and under board point motors.

But be aware, like most things in life, there is a learning process which takes a little time.

Edited by ITG
Spelling
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

AnyRail has this.

I don't know what "Tri-ang TT-3 (type B)" is.  Is it listed under a different name in AnyRail?

I can only see:

Tri-ang Standard

Tri-ang Series 3

Tri-ang Series 4.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

Look under the TT heading — the tracks you are listing are OO. You'll need to drop the list down, though. Clicking on TT in the header should do this.

First place I looked but I can't see any Tri-ang listed.

image.png.5b26d5a79cdddaf3d049e4576859125f.png

The AnyRail website provides a similar list of predefined libraries.

image.png.0baeb084d92cba5525ffbb54b4696620.png

Incidentally, the only reason I looked at this was that it occurred to me that there might be a difference in this aspect between the free-download and purchased versions but there doesn't appear to be.

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

You're right — I've just checked my copy too. It's funny,  because I've definitely seen it somewhere — it must have been on a different program. If I find out which I'll report back.

That's reassuring.  I thought I was missing a bit.

• 1 month later...

Probably saw it in SCARM, or Anyrail dropped it as part of an upgrade.  Keeps happening, my car keys couldn't be programmed because the locksmith's software update had deleted Rover, Musescore 3 is worse than 4.  Back to pen and paper or a stick and and next door's gravel drive.

I would guess doing it in Super 4 for a space 33% larger in all directions would be pretty close for the later TTb.  They share the same 8 track sections for a circle, as Super 4, and the points are a half curve and a short straight so the geometry must be a multiple or fraction of the super 4.