2021 Recommendations for Hornby 00 LNER A4 Sound decoder

Scott Read

Hi Everyone,

Just dipping my toe into DCC Sound and I believe I would like a LokSound Decoder (as I'm wanting the DCC functions like uncouple Kadee movement)with a sugar cube speaker, does anyone have any recommendations i've looked on a lot of sites but cannot seem to settle on one that is clear what you are actually getting.

Some sites includes speaks but fail to note which speaker, some just have decoder but fail to say which decoder etc, etc. So just after some advice from people please :-)

15 hours ago, Scott Read said:

Hi Everyone,

Just dipping my toe into DCC Sound and I believe I would like a LokSound Decoder (as I'm wanting the DCC functions like uncouple Kadee movement)with a sugar cube speaker, does anyone have any recommendations i've looked on a lot of sites but cannot seem to settle on one that is clear what you are actually getting.

Some sites includes speaks but fail to note which speaker, some just have decoder but fail to say which decoder etc, etc. So just after some advice from people please :-)

Speakers depend on which model you have:

Hornby Tender Drive (Wouldnt bother fitting sounds, its a poor model)

Hornby Loco Drive with fixed tenders wiring (4 Wires)  26mm Speaker is the standard.

But if you do a bit or chopping about better speakers can improve on the above 26mm.

Bachmann Loco Drive: Empty tender so good speakers can be fitted, but needs 2 wires from the loco to the tender for powering the speakers.

See:  https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=88_265&product_id=1807

If that's daunting we can do that for you.

Charlie (charlie@dckits.co.uk)