Trains at Les Diablerets.

I managed a quick trip on the ASD too, one evening a couple of years ago while staying near Lake Geneva. It’s a really charming little line that would make a nice change from the usual RhB etc models of Swiss narrow gauge, but I’m not sure I’ve got the time to devote to scratch building the correct rolling stock.

The backscene could be impressive mind …

C103D18B-87CB-4F20-BA81-1B50ABA491B0.jpeg.bb0ac0e7ea0ef291d8716d5af2d22008.jpeg

Mark

4 hours ago, MOB 2002 said:

I managed a quick trip on the ASD too, one evening a couple of years ago while staying near Lake Geneva. It’s a really charming little line that would make a nice change from the usual RhB etc models of Swiss narrow gauge, but I’m not sure I’ve got the time to devote to scratch building the correct rolling stock.

The backscene could be impressive mind …

Mark

Ironically, these are just about the only thing TT Trams hasn't yet done in 3D (Shapeways) for 1:150. However he has dome loads of Swiss non RhB stuff which just needs a quick paint job and a tomytec chassis...

I have obtained from TT (as well as loads of RhB 3Ds) a few 1:150 items that are non RhB - eg GFM, MGB . There is plenty of scope for modelling non RhB in 1:150 (Nm9).

You can even now model the closest Swiss ng line to my family's domicile of 70 years (Nyon - St Cergue) which I frequented in my youth to go skiing. I recall being frustrated many years ago when an article in Continental modeller about the NStCM was subtitled 'a line worth modelling' at a time when no 'mainstream' models of relevant stock existed!

• Like 1