Ybbstalbahn Bergstrecke

zarniwhoop

• RMweb Premium

After 10 years, I've finally got my photos from the Bergstrecke online. Choosing a Panasonic bridge camera to get a lens wider than 28mm equivalent and then using high "film speeds" was not my best ever idea. Some of them are ok, others are 'Suzette' [1].

But they might be useful. I'm surprised at how old some of the 2-axle coaches were.

The album is at https://www.flickr.com/photos/61907329@N03/51781725709/in/album-72177720295548205/

ĸen

1. Bob Dylan's 115th Dream - "I ordered some Suzette, I said can you please make that crêpe"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi, lovely photo's I enjoyed having a look. with a bit of luck might be able to get back to Austria this year.

Have you considered forwarding them to the Austrian Railway group for inclusion in the Archive?

Thanks for posting them.

Craig.

• RMweb Premium
On 31/12/2021 at 15:34, duff man said:

Have you considered forwarding them to the Austrian Railway group for inclusion in the Archive?

Thanks for posting them.

Craig.

Hi Craig,

they are mostly of somewhat less than archival quality (or maybe I was spoilt by having decent 35mm cameras which did not noticeably distort straight lines) - there is a reason I reduced them to 2048 pixels wide (or in one case, a shot from a movie clip, upscaled it) - one of my cameras produced very noisy images when I had to use faster speeds. Plus my usual "not holding the camera straight and being offended by angled verticals".

I'm a member of the ARG, althouugh I fell off its mailing list a while ago. Have just made another attempt at fixing that, will "announce" them when I'm back on that list.

ĸen