Advice to move junction

Newmodeller96

Hi Everyone. 

I have got some track down roughly on my layout but now it is on the board I would like to open out the “station” section more to allow for slightly wider platforms.

I have attached the picture and would like to move everything attached to the double slip (the red line) further on to the board. Any advice greatly received!! 

h

0AC32B17-E09A-4AD1-BB9F-9DBFC0383818.jpeg

I see what you mean.  The throat is getting very long and will be longer if you space the back road out with another bit of straight track.   I had much the same issue some years ago and abandoned double slips and put the second point of the series the "wrong" way down.  I could have use a double slip bottom centre but I would still have needed the crossover to allow trains to run in to left and  right platforms simultaneously

Shed 11 sept 2010 4 RMW.jpg

Edited by DCB
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

It feels a bit unbalanced somehow - the platform road nearest the camera being much longer than the one on the far left.  Could you rearrange things so the platforms fan out two ways from the centre, rather than a single fan from the right?  Something like this perhaps ...

NM96gif.gif.f03890ee00da55f4875371022db32c1b.gif

Done using medium Streamline points and giving platforms just over 3" wide. 

Hope this helps the thought process!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chimer said:

It feels a bit unbalanced somehow - the platform road nearest the camera being much longer than the one on the far left.  Could you rearrange things so the platforms fan out two ways from the centre, rather than a single fan from the right?  Something like this perhaps ...

NM96gif.gif.f03890ee00da55f4875371022db32c1b.gif

Done using medium Streamline points and giving platforms just over 3" wide. 

Hope this helps the thought process!

@Chimeryou might have solved what I have been looking at for ages. I’ve been trying to make the “fan out” approach work but couldn’t make it look “good” thanks!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1