Phoenix H35 Kitchen Car roof plan/details

Would any of you learned Gents have a pic or plans of the roof layout of the H35 kitchen car, please?

I bought the kit a while back but only recently got it delivered to darkest Newfoundland.

There are no drawings with the kit which normally gives a reasonable idea of where everything should be positioned.

There is a good drawing in Russell’s Pictorial Record part 2 but not for water tank fittings or pipe work.

Usual issue with Russell drawings in not give an above view of the roof and only one coach  side. As with other drawings used, it can be misleading, especially as the which side the vents go. The BSL drawing is the layout as built in 1929. The Russell drawing is after rebuilding, 1938-43 with revised windows. Most of the rebuilds had revisions to the roof layout, especially the kitchen venting systems with the roof cowl not used in BR days.

Note 9596 was given 6 wheel bogies in the 1939 rebuild as did 9597 in the 1947 rebuild.

I have a drawing from David Geen's files that confirms the BSL position, especially at the cowling end showing dotted image of vents on the other side but again, not a roof view.

The challenge is to find a dated photograph of the period you want. Sorry I cannot be of any further help.

Mike Wiltshire

Edited by Coach bogie