Dapol Class 29 Sound options

SHerr

• RMweb Premium

I have a question/request please. 

I am looking at Sound options for my 2 Dapol class 29’s, I know this is very subjective as there seems to be not archive recordings of them and therefore the sound files available seem to differ somewhat.

I’ve seen videos of Dapol’s own, Digitains and Roads and Rails. The first 2 have gone down the route of ‘baby HST’ with a very loud high pitched and fairly unpleasant squeal. The Roads and Rails offering is much more muted and therefore pleasant to hear and probably my choice at present .

However I have not seen any videos of the Leggomanbiffo version- does anyone have a clip they can share or a link to a clip please? 

Im more tempted to go down the route of something I can bear listening to at the moment but interested if anyone has any long lasting memories - I’m sure if they were that unpleasant a sound there would have been anecdotal stories!

There are two versions of engines in the Class 21 - 29.

The 21 has MAN Engines with Traction Motors.

The 29 has the Paxman Ventura Engines with Traction motors. (This engine was the testbed for the Valenta Engines I believe.

If you order one by PayPal then if your not happy, we can easily refund you.

Charlie-Legomanbiffo team.

I suggest Option 12:  https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=253_68&product_id=1642

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

A big bug bearer of mine. The 29 had a similar engine to the 15 but sound files for that are based on a power unit run of the preserved one with no load! Apparently  paxman engines of 5his era did have a scream similar to an HST but a bit more subdued 

A power unit needs to be under load to get the right sound 

• Thanks 1