Die Alpbahn

TTDB

Over the next coming weeks I’m actually going to make a start on my HO layout, I’ve a loft room roughly 12x11.5ft for my use, I was originally a modeller of  German TT (hence my name here) but during covid furlough I disposed of this collection and together with an eyesight problem that doesn’t help N or TT I have been gradually building up a collection of DBAG, OBB and a trickle  of SBB HO. My time period is roughly 1997-2010 , I do have a couple of more modern trains but most are from the above period, I’m not a real fan of the newer low floor units so I prefer my SBB NPZ to a flirt and have a DBAG 420 rather than a 425.

The location of the layout is south western Bavaria , this gives me a good reason to operate OBB and SBB with OBB operating through the area like they do on the Kufstein-Salzburg line ie as a bridge between two parts of Austria via Germany. 
I will be playing on anyrail for the next few days see what I come up with, I did find a nice storage yard track plan that I’m going to use on one of the 12ft walls as seen here -

8CC1B762-090A-41C8-8946-3B7F71AFFE6A.png.3fd326f414b3f459aba5acf86ca80d87.png

This gives me far than enough storage for the trains that I have, most of my passenger trains are about 7ft long  (6 303mm and and a loco) and I try and keep my freights the same length. 
As the layout is a tail chaser  basically to operate my collection in fixed takes there’s very little shunting , at the moment the only shunting area proposed is a Bohnhorst  agricultural grain silo that is rail served, over the next few weeks I will up date about the layout and some stock acquisitions, I have found a couple of superb YouTube channels that have given me some inspiration for the layout.  

• Like 2

I don't do any shunting either but I have a staging yard for complete trains to store for swapping out on the main for another train.

Most times I have to stop currently running trains on both mains if a train is going to the inner main, but the RhB line continues to run. I don't like doing it this way, but my layout is of limited space too at only 11'x13' U-shape and there is not enough time between trains to swap one out without a collision.

Good luck with your plans and post as you progress.

• Thanks 1

Some bargains this week with a slight modellers license.

A Set of 3 Roco Rhur S-Bahn coaches in as delivered orange and grey, together with matching 143 F939AF43-DF59-49B7-B377-81A9EA2B4BA0.jpeg.f5f2e3a920b1f03343ae4b4c9faa1ea2.jpeg

Very pleased Vic 3 different ebayeds and the cab car came from contikits all in all the entire train cost £120’ the loco and centre coaches  have the detail packs still sealed and the control cars have been fitted with non missing, the coaches are DB Keks logo and the loco is DR , following a thread on here next step is to DBAG them with some transfers a nice job for one evening . 3FD2D1E6-F898-43A3-B4DB-CF787B49001A.jpeg.1c9950878fa52126909663d2f6cb3c48.jpeg

• Like 1

On 26/02/2022 at 15:20, MichaelE said:

I don't do any shunting either but I have a staging yard for complete trains to store for swapping out on the main for another train.

Most times I have to stop currently running trains on both mains if a train is going to the inner main, but the RhB line continues to run. I don't like doing it this way, but my layout is of limited space too at only 11'x13' U-shape and there is not enough time between trains to swap one out without a collision.

Good luck with your plans and post as you progress.

Thanks yes space is always limited I do like the idea of a helix but they take up so much room in such a small space even using European tight curves , 

Another delivery today,,,only ordered 2 days ago, literally the day after saying I didn’t have one as too modern, but at the price this was on EBay and although not a 426 which I what I really wanted it had to be purchased,,and I do prefer the Brawa model to the multi door Roco model D8F2B469-6298-4495-B8D7-3E4F0018D9FD.jpeg.5b9cff23265f6aa0ee1cf5378ccecb15.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MichaelE said:

Very nice! I like it.

Thanks pleased with my purchase but that’s about as modern as it gets until I see a used PIKO Cordia 440 unit lol