Elmet Images – scenery/accessories trader closing down

The White Rabbit

• RMweb Premium

I regret to say we are closing the business. The last two years or so have been fairly disastrous for us, as even without Covid we have had more than our fair share of problems. I’ve had to devote most of my time to caring for my parents, who have been badly ill. Both caught Covid while they were in hospital for other treatment, my mother died and my father came very close. Then on top of caring for him, I fell seriously ill myself and although I have partially recovered, the longer-term outlook for my health is currently uncertain. Which means I cannot look at going to any shows in the foreseeable future, irrespective of the ‘public’ health situation. Understandably, exhibition managers will offer 'our slot' to other traders, so even if our health recovers sufficiently to attend shows, we may not be able to trade there in the future. I have enjoyed attending, especially at the shows where I demonstrate or exhibit as well, but right now I can't count on being able to go and it's not fair to keep exhibition managers guessing when you just don't know whether you can make it or not. 

So the business is being mothballed. Subject to how things turn out with our health, I may restart it in the future – though this is more of a hope/aspiration than a realistic expectation or definite plan. We are selling off 95% of the stock in a closing down sale, with discounts of between 25% and 35% off normal retail prices. Full details (including what we have) are at my blog - https://wyrdbiofularaed.wordpress.com/ or you can email us on the googlemail account. 

For obvious reasons we have also stopped taking building commissions. Though if my health permits I would like to start modelling again and catch up on some of my own projects. That's going to be tricky with a full workshop/store though, so do bag a bargain now and help me to start again!

As a fringe benefit to RMWeb members and a thankyou for the help and support many of you have offered while I've been a member, we'll include a free railway greetings card with every order placed by members (please quote RMWeb).

• Friendly/supportive 12