GWR 30XX (ex-ROD) – sound advice?

It may be that this should have been posted in the DCC sound section of RM Web, but I suspect that the expert or informed answer may be more likely to be drawn from here…

I’m contemplating my next sound fitting and the Bachmann ROD is a candidate. Presumably the sound file sold for a Robinson O4 will cover off most of the “mechanical” sounds but I have found myself wondering if there would have been differences when the locomotives were “westernised”, for example is it likely that they would have had a new and different whistle sound from the NBL as-built item?

Thoughts and advice would be appreciated although reasoned speculation is all I am expecting as none have survived.

Cheers,

Pete.

• Friendly/supportive 1

51 minutes ago, JimC said:

They certainly got GWR whistles - both of them. They also lost the air brakes. Plus you need the sound of the crew grumbling about being given one instead of a 28.

Thank you - I suppose it may be possible to have someone adjust a sound file for the whistle.

I could probably just avoid pressing the button for the brakes...

As for the sound of the crew gumbling, this will probably be masked by my own complaining over which of my locos is not running as it should, or some sticky point motor.

If it's too far off I may just leave it, there are 30 odd locos without sound at the moment and for budgetary reasons I'm never going to get them all done in my lifetime.

• Like 1