Early 90’s wagon repair depot

Hi all first time starting a new topic on here so let’s see how this goes. Firstly a bit about myself, I'm 24 and recently got back into model railways due to forcing my son into watching the classic Thomas and friends episodes and taking him around to stations and preserved railways. Im currently a trainee train driver with transport for wales driving on the valleys in what should be classed as classic traction (150’s)🤣.

Anyway about the layout it’s a scale model scenery laser cut kit that fits in a Christmas tree box, something for me to build my skills and practice before a larger layout once a house move is complete. I’ve a couple of ideas from a wagon works and stabling point to the a slightly compressed Cobra railhead yard from the peco track plan book. I’ll be building the baseboards over the next couple of days so any help regarding a layout plan and anything really will be much appreciated. 

sorry this is a rambling first post but thanks for reading 

Jack 

Edited by Jack97m

Well after a quick dry run fitting the kit together it’s safe to say there isn’t much room to play with, it’s nice to see in person rather than just measuring it out. I’ve put a couple of pieces of rolling stock on to get a gist of the size.( ignore the teaks they are my little boys 😆6BACAC0A-EDA3-43C7-85CD-24A89BE7441B.jpeg.c2f76a92cccce47194b07f72138e420c.jpeg1483EDD6-63C8-49C8-94D3-EF9D659F01B8.jpeg.7efc616bb71540b63d6a92e820a381da.jpeg

• Like 8

Right so I think this will be the final track plan, I originally wanted a two road shed like the peco or gaugemaster kits but they are a bit too wide and would push the track at the front a bit too close to the edge, I’ll be going for the 3-d printed single road shed that I’ve seen on a certain auction site I was just wondering if anyone had experience with them. If anyones got any ideas or tips I’d love to hear them. 
thanks 

03438A06-898D-4392-8681-359CB2180D85.jpeg

3F22E4A0-260C-4159-B2AE-9B8ECA82C15C.jpeg

• Like 4

• Jack97m changed the title to Early 90’s wagon repair depot