Scale Model Scenery Cable Trunking - Painting?

I've made up some of the 00-gauge cable trunking from Scale Model Scenery but, being laser cut from card, it has a burnt cardboard 'look'. Are you supposed to paint the trunking before installation on a layout, and if so what colours (I use Vallejo Model colours) are recommended to mimic worn concrete?

I watched the Everard Junction video installing the same product and he didn't show any painting, but his cable trunking looked more like concrete as if it had been painted.

Ian

Deja vue .... I posted this reply earlier today, and then it disappeared. Mutter.

5 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

In extreme pickiness mode, I do wish people would stop calling this stuff ‘trunking’, when it is actually ‘troughing’.

Totally agree. While I was working I designed and drew up quite a few cable troughs and layouts, and they were never called trunking. However, in my defence m'Lord, the packaging provided by ScaleModelScenery does state "Concrete Lineside Cable Trunking"; https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/lx035-oo-laser-cut-concrete-lineside-trunking-oo4mm176-516-p.asp

Ian