Is "ECJS Royal Train Luggage Brake van – No 109" diagram 38?

Esmedune

I want a kit for this coach.
gettyimages-90746472-1024x1024.jpg.9fa539f7c7bb81a1fb50954cfadfcd69.jpg

According to The NRM (here https://collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/objects/co205888/east-coast-joint-stock-passenger-brake-van-railway-carriage) it claims that it is to diagram 38.

I am seeking confirmation before I try to back order a kit from Mousa Models, but I cannot find a copy of diagram 38 to confirm this.  Can anyone kindly help?

Edited by Esmedune

• Esmedune changed the title to Is "ECJS Royal Train Luggage Brake van – No 109" diagram 38?

38 is the ECJS diagram number.  GN diagrams 286 and 308 were very similar.

I believe that it had had two extra windows added (one between the ducket and the far sliding doors, the other for the lav which is also an addition) for Royal Train use.   I don't have any detailed history of the vehicle, though.

As it happen is recently discovered that there was a Kemilway kit for the standard vehicle of this type.  The one I have almost completed is the only one I've ever seen, though and you would have to cut out the additional windows.

You'd need to ask Bill if his etch has the Royal alterations, but worst case is a bit of brass work to make them yourself.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/05/2022 at 07:30, jwealleans said:

You'd need to ask Bill if his etch has the Royal alterations, but worst case is a bit of brass work to make them yourself.

Indeed/ He has asked for a photo of the other side, which I have supplied a "meh" one, and I am looking for others, but pickings are slim.