Bachmann Blue Pullman

I have owned a Bachmann Blue Pullman from new and it has had moderate use on the layout but fairly long periods of non use.

Recently one of the power cars has been running evenly, jerking and most surprising suddenly changing direction!!

Has anyone else experienced this and are there any suggestions for the cause /remedy?

Many thanks

Will Frith

Will I have a set and both driving cars are chipped so although I have not had your problem I think it’s one of the chips that I suspect is getting false signals due to momentary shorts, I have had locos that have had this problem due to faulty pickups that were loose and caused the short.

I hope you find the fault. I wonder if the connection between the driving car and the next coach might also be the problem if the plug and socket is damaged?

Regards Mike 

On 31/05/2022 at 12:44, willfrith said:

I have owned a Bachmann Blue Pullman from new and it has had moderate use on the layout but fairly long periods of non use.

Recently one of the power cars has been running evenly, jerking and most surprising suddenly changing direction!!

Has anyone else experienced this and are there any suggestions for the cause /remedy?

Many thanks

Will Frith

You don't say if you use DCC or not. I think these units were supplied with chips fitted, rather than just "DCC ready" , so I'm sure Mikeg is right.

If you don't use DCC then you could simply take the chips out and put in blanking plugs. I understand however some care is needed in dismantling, and that there are a number of fastening points.

John.

John I am sure that the units are hard wired but I may be wrong as it’s a long time since I had the body of mine but there may be a socket under the main PCB I didn’t move it. I had a quick look at mine and think it’s most likely to be the circuit between the coaches as I have had to put some glue on one of mine at sometime to secure the wires.

At the moment I do not have anywhere to run mine but will shortly when I get the track to lay on my circular test track that I made during lockdown to erect in front of my garage.

Regards Mike 

• Like 1