Q re: threads that have gone ?

• RMweb Premium

I hope this is OK to ask - my apologies if it’s not helpful (in which case it can be removed).

Situation is this: I’ve been searching for a layout thread I’ve followed for a possible layout idea.  Although I’m sure I saw a post on it (and probably ‘liked’ it) just a few weeks ago, the thread now seems to have disappeared completely, as does the author.  Their name does not come up in a Member Search, not even as a ‘closed a/c.’  Any record of their time on RMweb appears to have vanished.

People may stop using RMweb and / or leave for any number of reasons (or no reason) and it’s not my business to enquire why or how.  But is it also correct that I will no longer be able to access any information or posts I contributed to any of their threads if they choose to or ask for them all to be deleted too?

I have recently made some longer posts in threads that aren’t my own that I may well want to refer back to in future - so I’m wondering if I ought to keep a copy of any key information I may post off-line somewhere.

On a minor statistically-related point, does my “Total Posts” count go down or stay the same?  If that’s not a straightforward Q then please ignore it.  I only ask as I was searching through my own posts to check on missing images recently, but if the total may not be reconcilable I could waste time trying (sorry, but I used to be an accountant, so still naturally check things by counting I’ve got them all).

Hope it’s Ok to ask, Keith.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1