Zimo TTS Decoder in Bachmann Ivatt - CV Sound (and other) Issues

latestarter

I bought a pre-owned Bachmann Ivatt 2MT class Ivatt fitted with (according the paperwork) 'Digitrainsound Standard Class 2MT Multi-Drive version 1.0 TTS decoder by Paul Chetter' @pauliebanger .

The main sound functions (F1/On-Off, F2/whistle etc) seem to work fine, other than F5 - the 'sound set toggle', which to my ears makes no difference in the chugging sounds at all.

My main issue, is that I can't get the CV's to work, when used with the Hornby Select controller (Version 2.0). For example, CV 266 on the Zimo is to adjust volume but no matter which setting I try up to 255 (max) it always sounds at the same level (probably about 3 on a scale of 1 to 10). It won't even turn off.

I'd welcome any thoughts on what the issue might be. I've successfully adjusted CV's on Hornby decoders with the Select controller.

Edited by latestarter

39 minutes ago, latestarter said:

I bought a pre-owned Bachmann Ivatt 2MT class Ivatt fitted with (according the paperwork) 'Digitrainsound Standard Class 2MT Multi-Drive version 1.0 TTS decoder by Paul Chetter' @pauliebanger .

The main sound functions (F1/On-Off, F2/whistle etc) seem to work fine, other than F5 - the 'sound set toggle', which to my ears makes no difference in the chugging sounds at all.

My main issue, is that I can't get the CV's to work, when used with the Hornby Select controller (Version 2.0). For example, CV 266 on the Zimo is to adjust volume but no matter which setting I try up to 255 (max) it always sounds at the same level (probably about 3 on a scale of 1 to 10). It won't even turn off.

I'd welcome any thoughts on what the issue might be. I've successfully adjusted CV's on Hornby decoders with the Select controller.

Maybe of interest to you but have you downloaded the instructions for this sound file from Digitrains, it may help with the CVs.

I note that the volume CVs go from CV517  to CV692 with function Overall Volume up and being on F keys 27/28 respectively 

Paul Chetter who wrote the files may be able to further put you straight as it was he who wrote the files etc.

good luck

20 minutes ago, johnd said:

Maybe of interest to you but have you downloaded the instructions for this sound file from Digitrains, it may help with the CVs.

I note that the volume CVs go from CV517  to CV692 with function Overall Volume up and being on F keys 27/28 respectively 

Paul Chetter who wrote the files may be able to further put you straight as it was he who wrote the files etc.

good luck

Thanks for that, do you have a link to the instructions, as I can't find anything on the Digitrains website - I've been looking before you replied, and again just now. The 2 page sheet I have, is for the decoder as I stated in the OP. The CV for volume is listed as 266. there's nothing about CV's 517 to 692, or overall volume functions (F27/28) on it.

UPDATE: I found the 'notes' by @pauliebanger on the ZS002A 2MT ACTIVEDRIVE SOUNDFILE FOR ZIMO DECODERS page on the Digitrains website, and have printed it. I'm still trying to find something about overall volume levels, but this is all very new to me!

Edited by latestarter