Understanding DCC Concepts "Interlocking & Frog Control" diagram

Bodgit

Newbie here, quite technical but struggling to get my head around this diagram from DCC Concepts - how the interlocking works, the purple/yellow and orange/blue lines work being connected to a mixture of SPDT switches (I guess more "output") and the push button (more "input") switches. I'm not sure what interlocking is being achieved here so don't know what is the aim is even, can't find any further info on dccconcepts web site.

Can anyone please enlighten me?

52209972327_dbe661a262_c[1].jpg

• RMweb Premium

The interlocking objective intended is to set only one diagonal route at a time. 
The diagram looks like they are showing only some of the connections. They sometimes have a series of diagrams showing motor power on one and frog power and or control on a different diagram. 
In this version if either crossover is set to the diagonal route then it looks like the push button signal is turned off to the other route.

I do my scissors interlocking slightly differently. I route the motor power itself though the spare switch on the opposite diagonal. That way the interlocking is effective whether I use a lever or an accessory command to switch the opposite diagonal.

Tom

Edited by Dominion
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Thanks for the reply, think I've got it sussed now, although the wiring from Master Crossover #2 looks the wrong way round. So if I have this right:

- presumably there are only 2 points that are controlled directly, the two masters, with each slave replicating its master

- when Crossover #1 is set for the diagonal, S2-R and S2-C on Master #1 are connected, this joins PBS-C and PBS-R on Master and Slave 2 so sets these two points to be straight head

- when Crossover #2 is set for the diagonal, S2-R and S2-C on Master #2 are connected, this joins PBS-C and PBS-R on Master and Slave 1 so sets them to be straight head - but I would think to be straight ahead and therefore "left", this should read: when Crossover #2 is set for the diagonal, S2-L and S2-C on Master #2 are connected, this joins PBS-C and PBS-L on Master and Slave 1

Sound about right?