MRJ Manning Wardle F class Scratchbuilding series

I've just acquired a set of the castings, and I have Issue 66 in which the series is kicked off, but please can anyone tell me how many issues it ran for, and even better would anyone be prepared to scan and send me a copy of those issues please?

Thanks

Jon

The Paul Berntsen MW wheels are worth looking for if you can pick some up second hand. They're designed for spilt axles but have the correct number of spokes and are notably finer than any alternatives. Photo attached with some Sharman MW wheels. 

IMG_20220730_212620.jpg.4aec50b04bcaa7c560b53badd125db26.jpg

Paul A. 

• Like 2

Having been reading through the articles that Stuart sent me (and having picked up the original magazines at The Bluebell railway on Sunday)  I was thinking the split axle seems something I wouldn't rush to build, I'd prefer something with conventional pickups.

Jon

22 hours ago, jonhall said:

Having been reading through the articles that Stuart sent me (and having picked up the original magazines at The Bluebell railway on Sunday)  I was thinking the split axle seems something I wouldn't rush to build, I'd prefer something with conventional pickups.

Jon

I must admit I didn't bother with the split axles, pickups work just fine.