Point motor bracket fixing screws

Hi I am a new member to your forum, so I don’t know which category my question should go in, about a week ago I see some one was having problems fixing peco point motors and brackets using the brass screws that was provided, I know what they mean I have had the same problem, has anyone come up with alternative screws  which are not brass but with cross heads or pozidrive.

I can't remember what the diameter of the Peco screws is but No1 or No2 gauge should fit:

https://www.modelfixings.co.uk/self_tapping_screws.htm

I might order some myself now I've found the page, I've lost count of the number of times I've stabbed myself trying to screw the Peco ones in !

For point motors without the bracket (ie under-board fixing directly below the points) any old wood screw and a big washer over the bent tangs will do, lets you make very fine adjustments before you screw them up tight. Add a tap washer for the gucci version. 

• Like 1

Hi Wheatley I went on the model fixings web site I tried ordering the no 2 MF-ST10 stainless steel screws, but I couldn’t get to pay for them so phoned up yesterday morning and ordered them they came this morning and they look like they will do the job nicely, I also bought a screwdriver for the screws,Thankyou for your advice.  Moggie.

• Like 1