Spanish outline Road Vehicles

Geep7

• RMweb Gold

I'm having a rather difficult time finding any appropriate 1980's / 1990's era road vehicles, cars and good vehicles, for my Spanish based layout. Buses I am all good with, having managed to get an Otero Pegaso bus, but it's the other road vehicles that I am having an issue sourcing.

So any thoughts? I quite happy to repaint / modify road vehicles, as long as the Make / model is appropriate.

58 minutes ago, Geep7 said:

I'm having a rather difficult time finding any appropriate 1980's / 1990's era road vehicles, cars and good vehicles, for my Spanish based layout. Buses I am all good with, having managed to get an Otero Pegaso bus, but it's the other road vehicles that I am having an issue sourcing.

So any thoughts? I quite happy to repaint / modify road vehicles, as long as the Make / model is appropriate.

Wish I could help I manufactured some 1990s Pegaso bus kits about 12yesr ago in resin , you can get the Pegaso 1980s bus by Otero scale models in several liveries  , and there are some SEATS by AWM models available too, trucks  Roskopf made some Renaults that were popular in Spain artics and Roco also made a smaller Renault that was popular in Spain Please see the kits I manufactured 5ABF8FFA-2E1F-406F-92EB-2DE85550D2B5.jpeg.d128c83495ce751a25dc21a50e07e426.jpeg

Edited by TTDB
  • Informative/Useful 1

Post Jan 86 and Spain joining the EU you can probably use pretty much any European car, but the emphasis would probably be on SEATs and cheaper Italian and French cars.

Prior to 86, to get round import tariffs, there were plenty of Spanish auto manufacturers license producing foreign models. Authi teamed with BMC to produce Minis amongst other things and Barreiros built Cryslers. Santana, having been involved with Land Rover early on started building Suzukis from 1986. 

Have a rake through: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_Spain

• Like 1

SEAT, was originally the Spanish arm of FIAT, so various Fiat models were branded in Spain in the 1960s onwards.

As has been mentioned, the Authi / BMC tie up resulted in Austin 1100s in Spain as well as Minis

Some of these older models were still visible on the roads into the 1980s

In the 1980s Renault was a popular make in Spain, especially the R5, and the unique R5 with a boot that was the Renault 7 (unique to Spain)