Scaletrain Order/Shipping

z4driver

• RMweb Premium

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can advice with regard to shipping from the US to the UK. I ordered a new loco from Scaletrains on the 10th August. It was shipped by them on the 11th using "US Postal Service - First-Class Package International Service". I've tracked it with the number they gave me as far as Itasca, IL where it has sat since the 15th August (I've put what the tracking says below). Is this normal that it's sat for 9 days or should I be worried?

Cheers Lee

August 15, 2022, 12:22 pm
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
ITASCA, IL 60143 
Shipping Partner:  GlobalPost
Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 12:22 pm on August 15, 2022 in ITASCA, IL 60143. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

10th of August this year? I ordered some tools that could not be sent to my address on the diplomatic circuit, and they took about six weeks! So anywhere in between the two should be "normal".

Service-wise, yes, it is completely regulars for things not to move for a period of time, as there is no service standard for international shipments. And GlobalPost is a separate company, not USPS, so your item may actually be on it's way as we speak but not reporting in the USPS tracking system...

• Like 1

Unfortunately that looks all too familiar. My GE C45AH GEVO, Union Pacific/Building America has also been stuck at Itasca since the 11th August. One difference is that mine is coming International Priority so should have been here in 6-10 business day. I don’t think your service has a target time. I emailed Scaletrains on Monday and got a reply on Tuesday saying they have had a few stuck there recently so they have requested a Missing Mail Search. This morning the tracking updated to Missing Mail Search Initiated but I have to say I’m not confident. My previous loco using the same priority service earlier in the year did arrive in the UK within the 10 day target. Time will tell but I would email Scaletrains and advise them so they can decide if a Missing Mail Search needs to be started in your case as well. 

8A7612FC-3E98-47D2-A243-18EFB903D802.png

YES!!! (Please excuse the shouting!)

Lee - Have you tried your tracking in the Royal Mail tracking (not Parcelforce, USPS UK partner is Royal Mail). A couple of days ago mine suddenly showed up there as “on its way to us” despite nothing changing at the US end, then today it seems to have escaped the black hole of Itasca!

AD3558E1-81CC-4D52-AD3B-2B6A1934E768.png

• RMweb Premium

Hi Nigel, I did try Royal Mail tracking initially and it basically said never heard of it. However, after seeing your post I tried again. It's now saying they have received notification that it's on it's way!! USPS tracking hasn't changed. Fingers crossed, although it's now got to contend with the RM strikes.

Cheers Lee

P.s. Don't blame you for shouting :)

I've had two orders from Scaletrains, both have wandered around USPS in the USA then come to a grinding halt on the tracking system.  Both have subsequently just turned up on my doorstep, one with and one without an email from RM advising me of delivery.  BTW very pleased with both my purchases, SD40 and an SDL39.

HTH

Geoff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey Gate said:

I've had two orders from Scaletrains, both have wandered around USPS in the USA then come to a grinding halt on the tracking system.  Both have subsequently just turned up on my doorstep, one with and one without an email from RM advising me of delivery.  BTW very pleased with both my purchases, SD40 and an SDL39.

HTH

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, after the excitement of mine escaping from Chicago it now seems to be stuck in Royal Mails Heathrow hub in Langley. From the tracking it’s difficult to see if the new delay is RM or HMRC. Hopefully it will be here in a few days! 

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Nigel Emery said:

Thanks Geoff, after the excitement of mine escaping from Chicago it now seems to be stuck in Royal Mails Heathrow hub in Langley. From the tracking it’s difficult to see if the new delay is RM or HMRC. Hopefully it will be here in a few days! 

Same with mine :(

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Just to complete the story both mine and Lee’s locos have now been delivered. I’ve asked Scaletrains to comment on why they think something sent “Priority” (target 6-10 days) would take well over a month but overall I’m just happy the loco has arrived. Next time I might avoid USPS and opt for FedEx on the basis it can’t be any worse!