KPEV Goods wagon books and/or fleet composition around 1920?

Guest WM183

Hi folks.

Does anyone know of a good book that covers KPEV goods wagons? I understand they owned by far the lions share of the landerbahnen goods wagon fleet, and that the verbandsbauart diagrams were based on KPEV designs. Also, by 1920 or so what proportion of the goods wagons fleet in Germany would be new wagons to the Verbandsbauart standard? Between 1910 and 1927 they built like half a million of the things across the diagrams, but how many might have been on the rails by 1920? Also, are all Verbandsbauart diagrams represented by H0 models?

Danke schön, 

Amanda

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 26/09/2022 at 14:58, Guest WM183 said:

Hi folks.

Does anyone know of a good book that covers KPEV goods wagons? I understand they owned by far the lions share of the landerbahnen goods wagon fleet, and that the verbandsbauart diagrams were based on KPEV designs. Also, by 1920 or so what proportion of the goods wagons fleet in Germany would be new wagons to the Verbandsbauart standard? Between 1910 and 1927 they built like half a million of the things across the diagrams, but how many might have been on the rails by 1920? Also, are all Verbandsbauart diagrams represented by H0 models?

Danke schön, 

Amanda

Hello, I am very much a newbie in the area of early German rolling stock but recently, in pursuit of information about 19th century KWStE wagons, I was recommended this book which I now understand is recognised as one of the primary authorities on the sorts of questions you're asking: https://www.vgbahn.shop/anstrich-und-bezeichnung-von-gueter-und-dienstwagen 

I have a copy on order...

All German goods wagons owned by the DR 192O (including those build since the 1880s) until today are covered by Stephan Carstens et al :  Güterwagen Vol. 1-9 .

Very expensive but well worth it.- numerous drawings, photos, data und often modelling hints:

https://www.stefancarstens.de

Vol, 6 (brake vans) includes in depth roster discussions, and for example, half of the vans owned 1920 were Verbandsbauart standard

Stephan

• Informative/Useful 1