Tonbridge MRC 40th Exhibition Saturday 18th February 2023

ColinW

Tonbridge MRC will be holding their 40th exhibition on Satuday 18th February 2023, in the Angel Centre, Tonbridge

Flyer 2023 A5.docx

Layouts due to attend:

Aberddu Yard                      OO

Alpenbahn                           N

Arun Quay                            O

Compass Point                    OO9

Copper Wort                       OO

Feltham Road                      OO

Fintonagh                            21mm

Gare St.Christophe            3mm

Habbaniya, Iraq 1941

Hobbs Hill                            OO

Kingsnorth                           N

Knot Littlefield                    N

Lambourn                           OO

Lancaster Lane                   OO

Leonard                                N

New Walmington Pier       OO9

Oakley Green                      OO

Outwell Village                   OO

Rainbow Rock                     GN 15

River Crane Mill                 OO9

Shillingstone                       N

Tarring Neville                   OO

Tidworth                             OO

Wittenden                          O-16.5/O9

Will post more details when I have them.

Colin

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately Alpenbahn has had to withdraw due for health reasons.  The club wishes them a quick recovery.  We have a new layout booked.

Layout:

Ilston            OO

Here is a list of traders:

Ace Products

C & L Finescale

Cambrian Model Rail Ltd

Carriage & Wagon Models

Coastal DCC

Dart Castings

David Wills

Dingo Servo Mounts

DOW Scenics

GL Railways & Model Tech

Golden Arrow

Harrison-Brown

Heritage in Motion

Invicta Models

Kent Garden Railways

Matthew Cousins (with his Drive Thomas) & Mike Turner

Monk's Gate Models

Nucast

Plus Daughters

Rail Books

Railroad Trading

Rapido Trains UK

Ray Morris

Squires Tools

Supercast

The Wagon Yard

Societies

Spa Valley Railway

Demonstrator

Roger Sawyer

More information when I have it

Colin

• 1 month later...

A quick update for the show

New Layout : Gas Street Yard               O gauge

New Society: Tonbridge Model Engineering Society

Unfortunately the following will now not be able to attend:

Layouts: Kingsnorth, Knot Littlefield & Oakley Green

Trader: Monk's Gate Models.

More information will be posted when I have it

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2023 at 08:19, ColinW said:

We have been able to add another layout to the show

Railroad Crossing                   HO

Colin

Have been checking Railroad Crossing, last operated pre covid, last time at Tonbridge 2014, all running well, happy to help out.

IMG_0628.JPG

• Like 1

Some travel information for the show:

Travelling by car:  There will be no road signs highlighting the show.  We suggest that people follow road signs for Tonbridge station, and then the Angel Centre is signposted as you get closer to it.  There are several Pay and Display car parks around the Angel Centre.  Please be aware that the car parks either side of the building are short term and could be busy with people using Sainsbury's.

Travelling by train:  First of all, there are no strikes announced for the day, so trains will be running.  Tonbridge station is a junction station with trains from Redhill, Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Hastings, Ashford International, Canterbury, Folkestone, as well as services from London Charing Cross, Waterloo East and London Bridge.  There are engineering works taking place between Chislehurst and Sevenoaks, so there will be diversions in place on journeys.  On arrival at Tonbridge, exit through the ticket office exit on the bridge, and turn left.  You should see Sainsbury's.  Walk down to the roundabout, and cross over the road.  Follow the road round  and then walk towards the next mini roundabout, close to Sainsbury's petrol station.  There is a pedestrian crossing as you walk down the road.  When you get to the mini roundabout, turn left, and you will see one of the car parks.  The Angel Centre is at the far end of that car park.

Colin

On 08/02/2023 at 17:29, Sitham Yard said:

@ColinW are you aware that although you have this thread there is no entry in the Exhibition Calendar?

Andrew

Hi Andrew, yes I know I hadn't set up an entry in the Exhibition Calendar.  Unfortunately it has been one of those things, that has kept slipping my mind whilst dealing with other things.

Colin

Unfortunately, we will not have a card machine available for admission.  There are several cash machines close by, and to help the admission desk, if people can have the correct amount when paying we would be grateful. Click on the flyer link in the first post for details.

Colin

An early start for what is going to be a long day.  Collecting barriers, and the club's equipment to take it all to the Angel Centre before we can start marking out later today.  For those layout owners and their operators, and traders coming to set up this evening, have a safe journey and we look forward to seeing you later.

Colin

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Tidworth loaded and ready to go.

image.jpeg.59f2da192fa92c3c50d499a5a9bed839.jpeg

just await the arrival of @Rhysb plus Ray with Feltham Rd for a bacon roll and cuppa and we’ll be off!

2F908C5B-9C66-4670-B04D-CD19F98F0857.jpeg.25727e85403538a84351b71b67f4a774.jpeg

see you tomorrow and say hello if you’re passing.

• Like 1

After a long and busy day yesterday, it's exhibition day. Just to remind people, we will not have a credit card machine available on the admission desk, so cash only. There are several ATM's close to the Angel Centre. If you can have the correct money available, it will help to move the queue faster, thank you. 

Colin 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just back from Tonbridge.  Well done Tonbridge MRC.

What a great show.  A nice balance of traders and layouts which were a variety of scales, gauges and periods.  Something for everyone.

But, it was it busy.  I arrived a good hour after opening and still had to queue for 30 minutes to get in.  When I left a couple of hours later, people were still lining up to get in.  The crowds made it a little difficult to see things, but patience is a virtue.

Not a criticism, but I have to say that I think back backs should be banned from exhibitions.  I lost count of the times I got clobbered by them when people turned around or muscled their way past me.  In the end I was so annoyed that I stopped trying to avoid them as I walked past.  Why can't people take them off and carry them by their sides as they take up so much space?

Tonbridge MRC must have been delighted with the attendance, it makes all their work worthwhile.

Steve

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

With the show now packed away for the year, I would like to thank the layout owners and their operators, traders, demonstrators, neighbouring clubs members, and our members wives and partners for helping to make the show the success it was. 

We had a lot of positive comments throughout the day regarding the standard of the layouts on display.

The planning for the 2024 exhibition is already underway, with the date due to be Saturday 17th February. 

Colin 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

A big thank you to Colin and his team for a very well organised and busy show, we all had a great time.

Thanks to Rhys, Mike and Graham for their company and assistance throughout. As usual I didn’t take any pics but quite a few have appeared on the layout thread so thanks to those that took the time to post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Morning all

A big thank you to Colin and his team for a very well organised and busy show, we all had a great time.

Thanks to Rhys, Mike and Graham for their company and assistance throughout. As usual I didn’t take any pics but quite a few have appeared on the layout thread so thanks to those that took the time to post.

Thank you Ian. Glad you and your team had a good time at the show. 

Colin