Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

NCE Cab06 or Cab06p

ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

Hi John

Thanks

Yes that seems to work ok , but a bit hit and miss.

I have a second back up master controller.

Could I set that up and use it as a second controller using the macro & accessory buttons ?

Terry 

• RMweb Premium

Hi John

Its a Power Cab

Its used on my other layout and may have different macro programmed into it.

If its acting as a slave controller will  it use the macro in the master.

Would it be best used with the curly 4 wire cable 

Terry 

Yes, if used as a slave (using the curly cable) it will access macros from the PowerCab controlling throttle (which is also the command station).  Assuming the slave throttle is also a PowerCab you will need to change its cab address to 3 when used in this way. When you want to use it as a PowerCab again you will have to set the cab address back to 2.

• RMweb Premium

I found a issue this evening  when switched on after tea for which I have found the solution.

The slave handset needs to be unplugged on powering up the system, then plugged in.

You live and learn.

Terry 

13 hours ago, ELTEL said:

I found a issue this evening  when switched on after tea for which I have found the solution.

The slave handset needs to be unplugged on powering up the system, then plugged in.

You live and learn.

Terry 

Sorry Terry. I had forgotten about that......

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 05/10/2022 at 10:04, BromsMods said:

No, both options are available by keeping the SHIFT/ESC key pressed down and then press the SELECT key twice to access an accessory or press three times to select the macro you want to initiate.

I think it is easier for all the operators to use my second recoded power cab hand unit as then all  buttons are the same on each controller.

I will probably sell the NCE 06 hand unit.

Terry