Minitrix SBB EC wagen - new mould?

Michanglais

I've just taken delivery of some rather gorgeous 'ex-Cisalpino' EC cars from Minitrix which, according to an online, N-scale database (https://www.spurweite-n.de/) were released in 2020.

To my surprise, they're fitted with entrance steps, which I didn't think any of the Minitrix EC wagens were. I've got a black/white model dating from 2019 that doesn't have them.

Am I getting mixed up? Are they actually the same models in different liveries or just very similar vehicles?

Whatever the case, cosmetically they look far superior to the model without steps. At least now I've only got one set of Eichhorn entrance steps to install (which is going to be a major challenge to someone as clumsy as myself...).

If it is a new moulding of the EC wagen, it'd be nice to see re-releases of the previous liveries using it.

Facts:

In Minitrix images, no entrance steps are shown

If you see one under the 'MTR Exclusive' banner  they have steps. 

So, the questions:

a) Are MTR adding steps and then selling them in their shop?

b) are the ones you have bought from the MTR batch not run of the mill Minitrix

6 hours ago, Gordonwis said:

Facts:

In Minitrix images, no entrance steps are shown

If you see one under the 'MTR Exclusive' banner  they have steps. 

So, the questions:

a) Are MTR adding steps and then selling them in their shop?

b) are the ones you have bought from the MTR batch not run of the mill Minitrix

Yeah, I noticed that - maybe they just used the old mould as an advertising 'mock-up'? I did see one ad on ebay that had the model with steps and it was from an independent trader. 

I bought the models directly from DM-toys (good price, btw, if it's your thing).

I'm just hoping for re-runs of old liveries. The difference is quite astounding. 

I didn't know about the existence of MTR - thanks for bringing that to my attention. I can see myself spending lots of time exploring their site!