3D in the 3.5

Javier L

I have fancied for some time to create a dedicated thread for anyone who wishes to describe some of their Cad activities in the H0 corner of RMWeb; a place where the 3D modelling and printing side of things can be displayed as to give a sense on how 3.5 models should be approached in general. 

I hold the opinion that the gauge is advantageous; models here should be small enough to fit reasonably within a layout space to allow for large consists, while also retaining the majority of details you would normally see disappear on smaller scales (Scales I quite enjoy Cadding, but not as much.!). I would like to start off by sharing in that event, my most recent project, which is made in an effort to appeal to some who are not quite pregrouping, though not yet BR. I would encourage others to join in with their cads as well, some of which I am aware of from the Email Group.!

Most recently completed, one Southern Railway 25T brakevan, affectionately: Pillbox. The model is completed with functioning tension lock couplers, and using HMRS Southern Wagon transfers we have a lettering that still decently fits as it should on the vans. Ive also an RCH 7 Mineral wagon (LMS & LNER P.O.) which is 3 Link fitted, yet in need of LMS or some other undecided transfers.

Best, 

Javier

24C0D085-DE6E-4170-AD0E-04B3257F19B1.jpeg

A06F7C2E-876D-41DE-8118-1F9E1C4F2068.jpeg

Edited by Javier L
  • Like 5

Maybe also 3D designers in other scales willing to see their designs rescaled to H0/3.5mm for us H0 modellers will post here so we can see what is potentially available. There are 3D printers in the UK who would do it for us if these designers  they don't have their own printer, but if they do, even better.  The British 1:87 Society has had models produced for them by a variety of designers, some rescaled from 4mm or 3mm or, even easier, 7mm.  We are constantly looking for more.

• Like 1