for gauge O compatility

celticks

hello everybody

i'm beginner gauge O i hesite between darstead and ace brand . question : are they compatible  especially for couplings.

there is ets brand too. an other question: is it good like ace...without plastic  100% metal or tinplate too. i like the british locos!

eric

tx for ur responses!

good night

The newer Darstaed products are 2 rail finescale, mainly metal construction although there is a injection moulded flat wagon. Three link couplings

Ace trains since around 2006 are coarse scale either 2 or 3 rail, tinplate and/or diecast metal, before that date just 3 rail with slightly larger wheel flanges. Drop link couplings

ETS mainly tinplate construction, either 2 rail fine scale or 3 rail coarse scale with a choice of couplings, ets own hook type, drop link or marklin (I think) 

With drop link couplings you should be able to connect  a three link coupling chain to the drop link coupling hook, 

So Apart from different wheel standards possibly causing issues with Pointwork, and 2 or 3 rail electrics then in theory should be compatible!