LS Models BB nez cassé - to sound or not to sound?

Michanglais

Hi all!

I want to treat myself to a new LS BB nez cassé and am wondering what their in-built sound system is like. 

Is it worth paying the extra for a sound-equipped loco or are there better options out there on the after-market to be installed at a later time?

I'm not very knowledgeable on the best sound options available and could do with a few opinions.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Michael

Hello,

I have 4 sound fitted nez cassé, 2 Roco and 2 LS.  The Roco ones are Beton BB7301 and Multiservice 22347.  I think they both sound great.  Generic noises are the same but when you fire them up at the same time the sounds do play at different times (compressor and air releases).  Both are Plux22.

The two LS ones are Beton 22352 (produced last year) and Phantom 22338 (produced I think in 2013).  22338 sounds good but something isn't quite right with the noises that 22352 makes. It just sounds different to the other three.  Both are 21 pin.

I prefer the Roco model over the LS one sound wise and I don't really see a visual benefit of the LS one to justify the higher price.  

Right ignore the rubbish quality of the videos, but this shows the start up, compressor noise and brief movement of 22338, 22352 and 7301.

I don't like the compressor sound on 22352 compared to one the others.  Not sure why the recording was changed but I just don't like it.  It also doesn't make much noise when moving.  I am thinking I will get it reblown with something else but not sure what.  

This video of 22351 (released at the same time as 22352) sounds just the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i91SbCMbWU8

I had to get 22352 though, as I have it's name plate.

IMG-20200328-WA0029.jpeg.4bc599cf563c22147d4d1906341c615a.jpeg