14.2mm Motor bogie from locosnstuff

bradfordbuffer

Hi 3mmers!

I was looking to power the excellent lincon

loco class 25 in 14.2mm gauge. I stumbled across a Web sight for narrow gauge modelers  and as they stated that they done 14mm gauge stuff for narrow gauge my interest was peaked!

The wheels used where a little 'thicker than the wheels on my oaktree engernering 08 but always remember phill Parker stating he used re gauged motor bogies kn his Flookburgh layout, so after a phone call to the proprietor of locsnstuff 'mark' who was very interesting and helpful in my quest for a motor bogie...he recommended his 3d printed bogie with a tiny corless motor with direct drive to axle, i sent him the society tec note standards and after placing a order the package arrived. Unfortunately I had a full days activities planed...jobs.... dog walking...Jobs ....dog walking etc eventually  had five mins to my self out come the test track (british finescale point and society track in 14.2mm gauge) i walmed up the controller and off it went ! It was slightly lumpy through the points I added some car wheel balance weights it was less lumpy through the points and after 30mins in each direction on rolling Road (as recommended by mark) it was running better and better but still slightly lumpy through frog! I had asked mark to set back to back to society standards of 12.75mm but as the wheels are a bit fatter than standard.....aren't we all! The wheels where tight on the flanges on plain track ie no lateral 'slop' so I took plunge and reduced btb to 12.5mm not perfect but better and smooth enough and once tied in with a second bogie and central weight I think acceptable. The resin comes plain white I just blacked it up with a marker ready for side frames and painting attached hopefully is a YT vid you make your own mind up!

£54 per bogie a I'm going for 2 powered bogies per loco mounting points come for bogie Central pivot.

Bogie prob will just come up to cab window level but when second bogie delivered and fitted we will see.

Might upset the purists in wheel thickness size but mostly hidden by bogie frames and it runs

Screenshot_20221016-225332_Gallery.jpg

20221016_224426.jpg

20221016_224522.jpg

20221016_224606.jpg

20221016_224621.jpg

20221016_224603.jpg

Edited by bradfordbuffer
I'm a idiot!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• bradfordbuffer changed the title to 14.2mm Motor bogie from locosnstuff