247 Developments LMS 57' Full Brake D2100

ianLMS

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

In between making the 3 Falcon wagons, i made a start on a kit i got off ebay which comprised mostly of parts from 247 Developments. The etched underframe and all castings (incl bogeys) came from 247, however, i couldnt find any history of them selling a complete kit. The sides, underframe and floor were brass and roof aluminium, similar to Comet kits. Ends, bogeys and detail were white metal. Possibly a hybrid. 

It didnt come with instructions, however, the 247 underframe did which helped with placement of the detail parts and truss. 

I had one picture in my coach reference book of a D2100 coach. Built in 1944, Its a little late for my period (1939), but like City of Lancaster, its acceptable in my book. 

They were built to the same layout as the 50' brakes, but i had to guess on placement of roof vents and roof strips as the only drawings i had were that of the 50' one.

After a bit of head scratching around the solebars etch, i managed to fettle and end up with a decent representation.

There is a gap between the ends and roof as the profiles dont match. I will put a backing plate in and fill the gap using filler

The gangways are from MJT.

20221016_130451.jpg

20221016_130507.jpg

20221016_130520.jpg

20221018_070311.jpg

20221018_070318.jpg

Edited by ianLMS
Spelling and added more info
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1