Bachmann N class cab (leaning forwards?)

• RMweb Gold

Am looking at 2nd hand Bachmann N class locos.  They all seem to have a cab leaning forwards which doesn't seem to be there on the real thing (even on the box photos).  Has anyone corrected this or do people just accept it?

I have quite a few Bachmann N class loco's, none of mine have the cab leaning forward, there is one of the Bahmann N class to avoid Cat No 32-50 Loco No. 31813 this suffers from Mazak rot to the footplate this can cause the cab to lean forward, when first purchased mine, the dealer opened the box to take the loco out to test it on the first one the smoke deflectors fell of and was replaced with another loco from stock, the replacement was OK (at first), a few years later it was taken out of its box to have a DCC chip fitted, there was no sign of any deformation to the footplate, the DCC chip was fitted and the loco reassembled and put on the rolling road to program and test the DCC chip, literally before my eyes the footplate started to distort and fall to pieces, at that time Bachmann would supply a new footplate free of charge.

• Thanks 1