Fleischmann Turntable, Littfinski TT-DEC & Traincontroller

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Back to this and it's really getting silly now.

Using a brand new LDT TT-DEC decoder & brand new Fleishmann motor assembly.

On bench, set it all up and it works 16v AC (nearer 17v) supply, DCC input. Great. Can program it, set positions and they can be recalled with DCC commands.

Back to layout, wire it all up as before 17vAC input, DCC input. It does not work, TT-DEC unit will not program, will not respond to DCC signals

Considering this set up worked when I initially installed it, then lost it's programming, what an earth is wrong?

I've checked and it is receiving a DCC signal.

A bit more research suggest it's the turntable wiring loom/connections that is the problem.

I connected the "old" turntable motor directly to the decoder without changing any other connections and it works.

I'm now going to connect the bridge directly to the decoder with a flying lead, by-passing the connections to try that.

That's for tomorrow, time's up for tonight.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Happy Bunny time.

I tried connecting the new motor in the bridge assembly and it didn't work, take it out of the bridge and it was fine.

I tried every combination of wiring to the bridge and only those without the track relay in situ would work.

I unsoldered the relay (and connected the track sections directly together) and it worked, so replaced bridge in turntable, still working.

So holding my breath I did a full program and it went like a dream, so I now, after many months faffing around, have a fully operational turntable controllable from Traincontroller.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Keith

Glad you seem to have solved your problem. Can I ask a question . Did you program the TT-DEC-R from Train Controller ?

If so, can you tell me what the Black dashes in their "programming and control table" are in relation to the TC turntable control window ? 

S1900002.JPG.6a728273aa3e60cac32bf494433d9174.JPG

S1900001.JPG.7623dc8fcd709ea3584b6699a3483d63.JPG 

I am just about to start programming mine, and as you say, their after sales help leaves something to be desired (just re-stating what's in their manual with little or no help with regards to an answer)

Regards

Alan

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alan 

I didn't bother trying to do it through TC.

I just did it sending the turnout addresses, using base address 225, with a WifiMaus & Z21.

When I first had it I had a Lenz setup and did the same using the Lenz handset.

That way I can be right next to the TT and check it was doing what it is supposed to do at each stage. (The PC & screens are about 12 ft away!)

If you are commenting on Littfinski service, IMHO it is not what it used to be when Peter Littfinski ran the company.

It is now owned by Bühler Electric and there doesn't seem to be the same level of service, at least for the UK.

e.g. all communication is now in German only, including order receipts etc. previously if you asked a question in English, you got an English reply, not anymore!

• Like 1

Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have both wired and WiFi multiMAUS so can use either.  So basically you enter the address for each track exit/entry using just the left and right multiMAUS buttons as shown in the their data sheet. How did you turn the physical turntable to the next track position ? Does it turn with the pressing of those buttons ?  Sorry if that is a silly question. Finally, I assume the base address 209 or 225 is the address you enter for the turntable in the Train Controller TT properties box ? Did you have Train Controller running at the time.

I actually just got a reply from Littfinski (in German) stating that those function symbols that I circled are not available in the software so perhaps you can use a combination of both.

Regards

Alan

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alan

During programming, you use the command that would either put a turnout in the switched position, which is the RH button on a Maus or the normal position which is the LH button.

Once the base address has been set, every press of address 227 will move the turntable one position.

When stepping, if a position does not have a track don't do enter, just step again until you reach the next track then enter. (The TT-DEC remembers the steps)

Dont go more than 180 degrees as each position has a corresponding position at the other end of the bridge (with or without a track) and 180 degrees does them all.

I used 225 as the base address and this is what TC wants in the address box, when I did it with the Lenz I used 209 but found everyone else seemed be using 225☹️.

I suppose you could do it without TC running until you get to synchronizing where it has to be operating'

I made myself a cheat sheet to make sure I kept pressing the correct buttons 🙂:

Turntable Programming.doc

The base address 225 gets set when you initialise the turntable with the address 228 +/-

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, alanoes said:

Thanks Keith

That seems to be getting clearer now (I think)

So with the base address of 225, you send 225 input at every track position ?

Regards

Alan

Yes, but after sending 227 <turn> to move the bridge and only at the places you want it to stop else just 227 <turn> for each step.

Have you got diagram TTDEC_06_13? 

ttdec_06_13_en.pdf

Page 10 has the diagrammatic version of programming, which may make it clearer.

• Like 1

Hi Keith,

Thanks for confirming that. Yes, I understood about the input of 227 to turn the TT, but the listing of "track connection 1 (229) " and "track connection 3 (230)" in the Programming and Control Table was confusing me somewhat 😕

Yes, I do have that diagram thanks, but in my manual its on page 15 as I am working with a Roco 42615 TT, but the principal is the same 👍

I also noted that in your manual, the Programming and Control Table actually states "Not Available" against the functions I first questioned about, instead of the thick black dash in my manual, leading me to believe it was a symbol to click on 🙁

Anyway, thanks to your help I now feel I have enough information to tackle this. I will have a go later this evening when I have a bit more time and will report back on how it goes.

Thanks again for your fast responses to my queries.

Kind regards

Alan   

Edited by alanoes
additional info

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alan

There is a good chance a first attempt to program the decoder will fail because of a wrong key press along the way.

It did with me, (more than once 😉).

just start from the beginning again, once you get used to it it will become fairly routine.

I forgot you were working with the -R version.

Much of the turntable is IIRC the same beast just the motor/control which is different, same applies to the Märklin version.

With a bit of luck tonight you should get it done.

Hi Keith,

Well, the programming seemed to go ok. Followed the steps and at the end of the process the turntable returned and stopped at the reference track (position 1)

But the synchronizing is not going so well 🙁

The turntable responds well to the multiMAUS , stopping at every track with the step left or right command (227 >/<) , but in Train Controller , it steps ok until it gets to track position 4 ' which it ignores and and bypasses . I have tried the sync process several times to no avail 😕

Any thoughts ?

Regards

Alan 

• RMweb Premium

You

20 hours ago, alanoes said:

Hi Keith,

Well, the programming seemed to go ok. Followed the steps and at the end of the process the turntable returned and stopped at the reference track (position 1)

But the synchronizing is not going so well 🙁

The turntable responds well to the multiMAUS , stopping at every track with the step left or right command (227 >/<) , but in Train Controller , it steps ok until it gets to track position 4 ' which it ignores and and bypasses . I have tried the sync process several times to no avail 😕

Any thoughts ?

Regards

Alan 

You say with the Maus it is  "stopping at every track with the step left or right command (227 >/<)"

It should only stop at programmed tracks, is that what you mean?

Also have you got the default position correct? In TC it can be Horizontal or Vertical.

Edited by melmerby

Hi Keith,

Yes, every programmed track is what I meant, and yeas, the default position is correct at vertical.

Didn't have any time yesterday, but I'm thinking of re-setting the TT-DEC-R to factory condition and starting again.

Regards

Alan  

• RMweb Premium
On 21/04/2023 at 17:11, alanoes said:

Hi Keith,

Yes, every programmed track is what I meant, and yeas, the default position is correct at vertical.

Didn't have any time yesterday, but I'm thinking of re-setting the TT-DEC-R to factory condition and starting again.

Regards

Alan  

Any success yet?

• 1 month later...

Hi Keith,

Sorry for long time in replying, I've been away for a while and been trying this on and off.

Everything seems to programme up ok  except the synchronization.

If I press the S1 button once (yellow LED flashing) then try to move the TT track to the reference track (position 1) with the 227 step command, the TT starts moving and doesn't stop.

If I try the same procedure with the TT at the track one position, the LED's do as expected but I get limited synchronization (perhaps 2 0r 3 step movements) then it seems to move wherever it wants 🙁 , am I clicking the correct place on screen ? I've tried the actual turntable on the switchboard and the turntable control window plus a mixture of both.

Any other advice please

Kind regards

Alan