Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Connoisseur Models

CUTLER2579

Hi,

i have also been trying to contact Jim and have phoned the Stourbridge number many times during the last 2 weeks to no avail. after reading through the board for some months now have decided to take the plunge and have a go at a 7mm steamer and as his kits seem to get good reviews had decided on the Jinty.

is it just a case of not updating his new contact number (site last updated 10th April) or perhaps the house move and new addition to the family making him take a break for a while? he's still scheduled to appear at various shows but the only one i could get to is September and i realy don't want to wait that long having decided to take the plunge, and i'd rather start off with something that has a good reputation for going together well.

if anyone knows how to contact him i (and no doubt others) would be very grateful.

thanks for your time, Tony

• 4 weeks later...

On checking Jim's site today have noticed that it's been updated with the following information,

"I Don't expect to be able to move the business until after Christmas

so please continue to use Stourbridge address and telephone number"

so guess it's just a case of persivereance and hope to catch him there or wait for a show.

regards Tony

Would just like to report,

On the off chance i tried the Stourbridge number yesterday and with luck Jim was there, and i'd like to say what a smashing bloke he is. He was very helpful and we had a good chinwag about allsorts, not just models, ending up with me ordering a pair of single bolsters, a lowfit and the last Jinty he's going to have in stock for a while :) . And i have to say the service was brilliant with my parcel of goodies turning up just after lunch today, less than 24 hours! Have to say the standard of the etches and the castings look superb, just got to get up courage to get stuck in now.

(also ordered all the wheel sets i need from Slaters yesterday lunchtime and they turned up first post this morning, exceptional service)

cheers,Tony

• 9 years later...