Lambourn

RichardW1

Yes, Lambourn is still around, but considering that the layout is some 40 years old, it is fair to say that time is taking its toll. As far as I am concerned, retirement looms, and I do now have a bit more time to devote to the layout. 
Some mechanical works in the S&T dept. Have taken place- more are in hand, scenery has deteriorated, and is being refreshed. And a load of work to rolling stock and motive power is in hand. Some unashamedly inspired by Ian Smith’s Modbury layout. 
As a taster, Lambourn is famous for having a Railcar (No 18). The Railcar service was introduced  before WWII, and was unusual in that it was especially strengthened and fitted with drawgear to facilitate shunting the yard. It was rated for a ‘tail load’ of 60 tons- the equivalent of six horse boxes, for which the line was equally famous. 
I have found on shapeways a printed body shell, which although not designed to fit any specific chassis, the older Poole Railcar chassis will fit under it. 
There is much to do to complete- glazing, lining, and transfers. ( any suggestions for the latter?) but it does bring some charm to the layout.5E716C9B-ED6B-4D7E-926D-614A657CBB27.jpeg.14c9c42443a660f851ea5293b6f49462.jpegE9694F67-805B-4F5E-B2EB-0EA1B3B0C121.jpeg.fb14824a235ef293cf0c47fb1eb625b3.jpeg

• Like 15

• 10 months later...