Archived Topics.

• RMweb Gold

I've just gone through my Much Murkle layout thread and restored all my photos and thought I would do the same with some of my other Topic threads, only to find them archived with no apparent access for me to edit or others to view.  Interestingly it took some ingenuity to find them by searching through my profile / account. There doesn't seem to be any access through the normal search facilty or the forums.

I can to some extent understand the need to archive dormant, and particularly closed topics but if the topics exist then it doesn't seem to make much sense for them not to be accessible nor to to allow the originators access to edit their posts. Or am I missing something?

Can a topic be unarchived by request?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, nickwood said:

Can a topic be unarchived by request?

It can Nick but Much Murkle seems to be 'unarchived' now - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/58847-much-murkle-photos-restored/page/27/

It should now show better in Search etc.

It was something that happened automatically in the server move earlier this year to dormant topics.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, nickwood said:

Andy, it wasn't the Much Murkle thread that I was meaning, it was some of my other topics where I detailed stock, kit builds etc.

Can I give you a list, it wouldn't be a long one.

That would make sure I get what you need sorted Nick - just paste the url into a reply and I'll get onto it. It takes a few minutes for each one to come back to life.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy. I see you have releases the Clifton Downs Kitbash which was one topic I was after. Not sure what else you may have released but this was the other one I would like to bring back to life.

All the best to you and your family for Christmas and the New Year.

• Thanks 1