Micro-Rail

Farang

They were made by Ron Cadman in Coventry.  I'm not sure but I think he was closely associated with the Models & Leisure shop in Coventry.  I went there occasionally when I was a student at Warwick in the late 70s.  Etched brass kits were an eye-opening novelty at the time and I think these and the M&L kits were very good in lots of ways, not least because they didn't try and make almost all the parts in etched brass, still having a good grip on whitemetal casting.  <editing this in here ...> I've also found an old instruction sheet with Bill Brown's name and an address in Nuneaton too - obviously just down the road so probably in collaboration with Ron Cadman I guess.  No dates, unfortunately.  Actually I can do better than that, an unmade LNWR 6-wheel chassis etch signed and (C) by Bill Brown, 1981.  </end edit>

Edited by DayReturn

Thank you. I remembered the guy's name was Bill, so Bill Brown it must be. It may have been Ron Cadman who introduced me to him. Models & Leisure was Ron Cadman, Pete Waterman and one other whose name escapes me. There was the retail business as you remember plus the range of kits.  M&L were producing the castings but not the etchings, that may have been Grainge & Hodder in Birmingham.