LCUT Northlights engine shed, 7mm

bluestag

My first effort at a building in 7mm for my LNWR layout.

Built it, but I can't was mortar grey into the recesses, over the sprayed on brick red.    I just either lift the red, or start to tear up the card.

LCUT has examples of built buildings, but I just don't have the knack.

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

I think I understand your post!

A picture might help. Are you saying you have made it from card and you have scribed brick joints into the card?

Are you using paint which is compatible with each other.. Ie paint of the same type? Are you letting the brick red dry thoroughly first?

21 hours ago, ikcdab said:

I think I understand your post!

A picture might help. Are you saying you have made it from card and you have scribed brick joints into the card?

Are you using paint which is compatible with each other.. Ie paint of the same type? Are you letting the brick red dry thoroughly first?

It is more like strathmore board than card, it is relatively thick.   The mortar slots were burned out with a laser.    They are nearly black compared to the white of the board.    I sprayed the card with red primer, oil based.    And tried to smear grey into the mortar,    Little got into the slots, but did drink into the card and "weather" the bricks.    If I persisted, the card began to fall apart as I tried to wipe the grey off the red.

http://www.lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B 70-10&title=B 70-10