If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Train controller

daryll

• RMweb Premium

Just a simple train controller , forward / reverse PWM if possible , only for testing loco`s on a 1m length of peco code 100 , mains powered either separate transformer , or built in

Cheers

Daryll

If you haven't already sorted something out with @MartinWales, I have a Hornby R8250 controller.

That's the basic train-set controller they provided until very recently, with the interlock on the direction switch so you can only change direction when the power is reduced to zero (the only clever / redeeming feature of this horrible piece of built-to-a-price equipment).

It's got the matching Hornby "wall wart" P9200 transformer and works fine (I've repaired the wires that supply the track, so it has been pulled apart by me).  However I cannot stress enough that it's thoroughly cheap and nasty...hence free except for the price of postage - I really do have that low an opinion of it....

Unless you are really cost constrained, should Martin have something better quality I'd personally go for his offer, but my offer is there!  A Bachmann set controller or a previous generation Hornby one would both be much better IMO.

Cheers,

plasticbasher