Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Barter Junction

As most of us know building a model railway incorporates a multitude of skills that some of us have, wish we had or if you are a cheque book modeller pay for. I fall into that category of someone who doesn’t have all the skills and joined a model railway club to hopefully master some of the skills fellow club members have that could be imbued on me. I’m all in favour of cheque book modelling if it shortens the job of getting a layout finished to a standard you aspire to. Time you can’t buy and I am always conscious of hearing about modellers who never got to finish their projects due to lack of time or money. This brings me to the thought that there are probably a lot of modellers out there who have the skills but not the money to pay for someone to produce something for them that they lack the skills to do themselves. I propose that maybe we could have a section where modellers could post their skills and wants that other modellers could tap into. For example, I haven’t a clue on building EM gauge points but could build and design a railway model on my computer and 3D print it for someone who knows how to build track. In return they get a model built for their layout. RMWeb is a great place to share our knowledge and skills so why not have a section for bartering.

Edited by animotion
  • Like 1