Indian Steam Locomotives and Rolling Stock Drawings Books (HO Gauge)

justin

I have fairly recently purchased two books which maybe of interest to others. Both are by Glyn Thomas and edited by Julian Rainbow and are soft bound.

The first  is Indian Steam Locomotives in HO Scale (ISBN 978-1-901613-04-9) and the second Indian Rolling Stock in HO scale (ISBN 979-8-218-03652-2)

With Glyn's permission I have attached pictures of the contents.

The loco drawings comprise side and front elevations. They do not include rivet detail but include brake gear, boiler bands, valve gear and boiler fittings. Dimensions on the drawings are given for wheelbase between axles, wheel diameter and overall height. A small number of other dimensions (weight, grate area, cylinder diameter plus others) are provided in a separate table on each drawing.

The Rolling Stock drawings have rivet detail, panelling and seem to me slightly more detailed than the loco drawings. There are side and end elevations for all the rolling stock with internal plan views as well for the coaching stock. Dimensions on the drawings are given for wheelbase between axles, bogie centres and wheel diameter.

The Locomotive book is available from the British Overseas Historical Railway Trust http://borht.org.uk/booksetc.htm

The Rolling Stock Book can be bought on ebay or  you can contact Glyn direct at glynthomas42@gmail.com (this email address is in the public domain). He can sell the book cheaper direct than through ebay.

Whether I get round to modelling Indian Railways as a result is still open to debate but these represent a great resource as I have always found there is an absolute dearth of information and drawings on Indian railway equipment

India Steam 2.jpg

India Stock 2.jpg

India Stock 3.jpg

Edited by justin
Additional information
  • Like 1