wills or Metcalfe signal box

daryll

• RMweb Premium

Hope this is in the right section

I am Having a dilemma I need a small  signal box , but I am un decided between  the wills kit (SS 48)  , of the Metcalfe (P0 233 or the smaller P0 430 ).

I am open to suggestions.

Daryll

• 2 months later...

The signal box is generally a distinctive design of the individual railway company,   That more than the method of construction would steer me towards one or another.   With all the glazing  modelling the interior and adding lighting is well worth while, as long as you use crystal clear glazing, Glass or crystal clear plastic.  The card buildings tend to leak light through gaps in walls eaves and roof joins.  I have Hornby GWR signal boxes,  two out of the box with LED  lights added and a big one cobbled out of two again with lights which suit me, but I model ex GWR territory.  Previously I had a card one but it always looked a bit droopy and I finally ditched it in  favour of another Hornby one.     My station buildings ; Goods and engine sheds are Metcalfe  (and leak light) and super quick heavily kit bashed which don't indoors and Hornby and Wills out in the rabbit hutch as Card and damp are not good bed fellows.   In bright sunlight card fades and plastic melts.  Yep I have a seriously warped Airfix station building ...

• Informative/Useful 1