Microtrains Announcement To Dealers on Sanda Kan: Product Delays

Etched Pixels

MTL sent the following to their US dealers

(From the Z_scale group)

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING MICRO-TRAINS AND SANDA KAN MANUFACTURING IN CHINA

Dear Micro-Trains Dealer,

As you may have heard, Sanda Kan, a large manufacturer in China, has just recently consolidated its business by announcing that they are dropping many of their customers. Micro-Trains is one of the customers that they will no longer be doing business with, however this will only affect a few of our products.

The only items temporarily affected by this change is our N scale FT Locomotives, Z scale Locomotives (GP-35, GP-9, SD40-2) and Z scale Micro-Track. All other products will be unaffected as they are produced in-house at our factory here in Oregon. We are not certain of the full impact this will have on the few items above, but it is possible that there will be some delays and that some items will have to go on back order for a period of time.

We are actively working to find alternate sources for these items so we can avoid or minimize any delays. We feel fortunate to be able to produce so much of our product here at our factory and wanted to inform you how this affects our company and the products we offer you.

Thanks for your continued support of Micro-Trains and our products.

Sincerely,

Ben Thielemann

Marketing Director

Micro-Trains Line Co

I didn't realize that they were still making the FTs. I guess they use them for their fantasy/collector trains.

FTs are one of the few diesel locomotive types that the PRR didn't own, so they are mostly off my radar (except for seeing them on sale at my local hobby store).

Adrian

Archived