Hawksworth BG liverly?

Hi all,

Hope this is a quick one to answer. Hawksworth K45/6  full brake as depicted by Hornby in full passenger crimson/cream. Other sources say the 1950 BR-built batch were outshopped in plain crimson. I'm assuming any from the previous final GWR were left in their GWR colours (if not numbering) until their first shopping. So is the Hornby  'crimson and cream' model correct for the the early 1950s?

• RMweb Premium

Some of that series of coach never saw GW service.  I believe BGs were only ever in BR service.

Because of a lack of RTR full brakes in  "chocolate and cream" lots of folk ( including me) have opted to use the Hawksworth ones.

Dapol's Toplight BG is I believe the first RTR BG.     

Kits and brass side conversions to make most GWR BGs have been around for a long time.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Forward! said:

Hi all,

Hope this is a quick one to answer. Hawksworth K45/6  full brake as depicted by Hornby in full passenger crimson/cream. Other sources say the 1950 BR-built batch were outshopped in plain crimson. I'm assuming any from the previous final GWR were left in their GWR colours (if not numbering) until their first shopping. So is the Hornby  'crimson and cream' model correct for the the early 1950s?

Great Western Coaches Appendix Volume 2 by J. H. Russell shows official photo of W311 in what I assume is crimson and cream but the lower colour looks darker but could be a trick of the light. 1951 photos of W292W in crimson and cream and W324 in a single colour presumably crimson. Additionally official photo of W325 again a single colour.

Andrew