RMweb

Recommendations - suppliers of large garden sheds/rooms for layout

aureol40012

Hi all,

I hope this is in the right forum!

I am looking at buying a manufactured large garden shed/room for a new layout.  It seems the easiest option, though not the cheapest.  I basically want a company to supply and install.

Any recommendations? I can’t do it due to a condition I have (no, not “being useless”!).

I have had three garden buildings from Passmores of Rochester, have been pleased with the products and service, did improve the standard felt roofs, one with cedar shingles, one with corrugated steel sheets and one with slates, handy that their show ground is only a ten minute walk away, I have no connection with the company.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I had a Lillevilla log cabin installed earlier this year. Lillevilla.co.uk

I looked at many other suppliers and for me Lillevilla came out best on value for money for a good quality building.

They do promotions at the shows they attend and it is usually a very substantial discount if you order at the show. Erection team were fantastic and I'm very pleased with my cabin. The cabin is double glazed as standard with 40mm thick logs (most are 25mm) which gives better insulation. I opted for floor and roof insulation as an extra. I installed a laminated floor and the electrics myself and you do have to get the base laid beforehand by your own contractor. 12 year warranty providing the outside is treated within 14 days of erection.

I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 09/02/2023 at 19:18, nickwood said:

I had a Lillevilla log cabin installed earlier this year. Lillevilla.co.uk

I looked at many other suppliers and for me Lillevilla came out best on value for money for a good quality building.

They do promotions at the shows they attend and it is usually a very substantial discount if you order at the show. Erection team were fantastic and I'm very pleased with my cabin. The cabin is double glazed as standard with 40mm thick logs (most are 25mm) which gives better insulation. I opted for floor and roof insulation as an extra. I installed a laminated floor and the electrics myself and you do have to get the base laid beforehand by your own contractor. 12 year warranty providing the outside is treated within 14 days of erection.

I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer.

Just spotted this thread. I've got a similar log cabin, buit by the previous owner of our house, but from a different supplier to yours. My one recommendation is that whatever you do, don't buy a log cabin. Mine is also 40mm logs, I've added roof and floor insulation, but It's still freezing in the winter and hot in the summer and gets very damp inside (have to run a dehumidifier all winter). You can't attach anything rigid to the walls (so you can't insulate it properly, or use wall-mounted baseboards) as that would stop the logs expanding & contracting properly. 

If I could afford to I'd rip it down tomorrow and build something proper in it's place, with insulated studwork walls and proper damp-proof foundations. 

• Informative/Useful 1