Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Derelict London Bridge arches restored

A derelict set of railway arches that was once home to one of London's finest wine and spirits merchants has been restored as part of a £3m investment.

Situated next to London Bridge station, the arches hosted Findlater, Mackie and Todd, a shop first opened in 1863 where it remained for more than a century.

In 2018, the arches fell into disrepair after the remaining tenants left.

That was until the Arch Company bought the site as part of a £1.5bn property deal with Network Rail.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-64582247

• Like 7

I am fairly certain that the Findlaters site is where Oddbins was - the store there last longer than most of the rest of the chain and I wold have thought it was more recently than 10 years ago that it went - i would have guessed it was still there when we moved to the baby Shard in November 15 but may be not. Time and lockdowns have a way of playing havoc with my recall of timelines!

Readers of Early Risers may recall the below photos I took of the other property mentioned in the article 

A1154E4B-F07B-4585-AA9E-1F332A06E732.jpeg

E877DC71-058D-4685-94DE-93DE82F1BC38.jpeg

Edited by The Lurker
  • Like 7