Austrian Narrow Gauge OBB - LunzerSee (HOe)

ptrabant

Well I nearly sold the Austrian Narrow Gauge Collection after loosing my close friend and the guy who really knew everything about the subject . Now decided that I should really produce a new layout and not sell up . It’s only a shelf layout round the edge of a box bedroom but having a track plan is a start .

76ECF031-F681-46F5-A769-EA6582E72F09.jpeg

• Like 5

The OBB layout will be ready at some point in the next year , until then I start to test all the OBB stock.

I have rather big collection including some unique locos , so it may take a year to sort out the stock! 
some Re super detailed others are older models back in traffic , so be fair I enjoy running the mix.

2BFA6373-7571-4EC2-84A0-A9F3A826B552.jpeg

43624091-D9D0-4ECD-8BD8-C24B5BAA59FF.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Good luck with this - I guess if you fit the continuous circuit you could run Bergstrecke trains, although I suppose that running those West of Lunz (mid 2010s onwards) but in snow would be a bit "rule 1" (does it show that I've got some Bergstrecke stock ?)

I just hope the necessary foreshortening of the station lets you accomodate an adequate length of train.

I look forward to see where you go with this.  Austrian narrow gauge has long held a fascination for me especially since a skiing trip when I was a teen based near Gostling in the Ybbs valley. The Ybbstalbahn ran right past the front of our hotel and I couldn't get enough of it. Shame it's been so drastically cut back now. I also had childhood visits to the Zillertalbahn.

Fast forward 35 years and at the tail end of last year a ZB O&K 4 wheel shunter made by Liliput fell into my basket on ebay quite by accident. Old memories stirred and three months later the result is show in the photo. Heaven knows if they'll ever make it onto a layout but it's nice to dream...

IMG_7588.jpg

• Like 2