Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cockney Sparrows!

sb67

I'm doing a bit of research for my next project and was wondering if I can get any info on which loco's and when had the Stratford Cockney Sparrow applied. I've seen photos in the excellent Strathwood book on Loco's of Stratford Depot and wanted to find out a bit more about it.

Many thanks. 

Get a copy of Pip Dunn's "British Rail Main Line Locomotives Specification Guide". You'll find a comprehensive list of all the locos that carried the Stratford Sparrow; and all the other depot emblems. Also includes  detailed info on  liveries all across the history of each class of loco. Detail differences are a hugely complex subject and this book helps to clarify the majority of changes. It was published in 2013 and obviously there have been many changes to the remaining BR fleet since then, but it covers the period from the 60's up to publication in great depth. Highly recommended reference book.

• Thanks 1