Auscision HO Victorian L Class

jjb1970

• RMweb Premium

I posted these in early risers, but maybe others will be interested. I will say straight up I know very little about Australian railways. I have the sort of interest I have in all railways but it's not a country I go out of my way to study or get enthusiastic about. However, I do like some Australian trains, and this goes up to wanting some of them in model form. A chance post in early risers made me aware of the Australian producer Auscision, and when I visited their website I discovered they make a model of the Victorian L Class. This was one of those I just had to have as soon as I knew there was a model.

The L Class were built by English Electric in the early 50's, and have a classic EE bull nose style which is really rather splendid to my eyes. They look a bit like a squarer electric equivalent of the 20 Class diesels built for Malaysia. The model is wonderfully well done, my poor pics really do not do it justice. Details are very fine and beautifully done, the painting is well applied with an even finish and nice lustre and printing very crisp. The body moulding is very well done, there is a mountain of factory fitted details (it comes complete, nothing for the purchaser to do). A special shout out for the packaging, the box is very sturdy and feels suitably premium and nicely designed, but is small. There seems to be a trend for biggest = bestest packaging out there with boxes reaching quite silly dimensions.

As I say, I know nothing about Australian railways but this is a wonderfully well done model which I'd recommend without hesitation.

L1.jpg

L2.jpg

L3.jpg

L4.jpg

L5.jpg

L6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Nice model, always strange to see older locos in ‘modern’ liveries. In this case it looks quite pleasing.

English Electric produced a similar loco, class 277, for Renfe, the Spanish railway company. Arnold do this model in N gauge and have always fancied one even though I don’t model Spanish railways. Having said that, I don’t model Czech, Norwegian or Belgian railways but I have an example of their locos!

• Like 1